Grace Counselling and Education provides caring, respectful and confidential counselling for adults, children and adolescents and their families.
Carolyn Grace is a registered professional Counsellor with over 25 years experience working as a Youth Worker, Community Support Worker, Chaplain and Counsellor in Australia and the UK in Department for Education, Catholic and Independent primary and high schools, community organisations and Non-Government Organisations.
She adheres to the Code of Ethics of the Australian Counselling Association and the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia, have a current National Police Clearance (National Criminal History Record Check and Screening Assessment) and have undertaken the Units of Competency in Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001), Provide basic emergency life support (HLTAID002) and Provide first aid (HLTAID003)
She uses a number of different approaches in her practice but always seek to work from a client-centred, child-focused and trauma-informed framework.
Some of the modalities she may use include Trauma counselling and sensory-based interventions, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Theory, Mindfulness, Grief Work, Play Therapy, Sand Play Therapy and Interactive Drawing Techniques. She has undertaken training in Narrative Therapy, Sand Play Therapy and Interactive Drawing Therapy.
She also provide individual and group clinical supervision for Counselling Practitioners. Currently she is supervising a number of School Counsellors and Counsellors working with children and young people.
- Bachelor of Social Science (Counselling) (Tabor College)
- Graduate Certificate in Developmental Trauma (Australian Childhood Foundation)
- Graduate Certificate in Loss, Grief and Trauma Counselling (Flinders University)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAFE)
- Certificate of Attainment in Professional Supervision (Supervision Training Services - ACA recognised training)
- Advanced Certificate in Supervision - (Supervision Alliance (SA) - PACFA recognised training)
- Australian Counselling Association (9047)
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (24237)
She is listed on the Australian Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (ARCAP).
© 2020 Grace Counselling and Education all rights reserved